Tuesday 13 February 2007

Paranoia Is Power

There's a few classic dreams aren't there? The naked in a crowded place one which causes maximum embarrisment for a start. I must admit I've never had that dream, but last night I had one that to me is worse, and it could in the not too distant future come true.

It was today and I had come on to write a review for series two, episode one of Life On Mars - which I will be doing at 10pm. Anyway, there was a comment for my first post and I can't remember the entire comment but it basically it said this:

"I don't agree. I think you should stop trying to be something you're not. I know I wouldn't want to open the paper and read things written by some pathetic wannabe who whines about how hard everything is and acts like a child. So just give up now."

I know it was just a dream, but it still made me feel very paranoid - What if people really will think like this about my writing? Though I always will get some critisism I guess - Everybody does. I'll just have to toughen up and treat this as a learning experience - Never listen to the paranoid voices in my head.

No comments: