Saturday 17 February 2007

Blog babies

Okay, so obviously I've not been a blogger for very long, but already I've realised it's a lot like having a baby. And you think your baby is better than everybody else's. So because of that you want to give it the best start in life - Advertising it on the forums, submitting it to all the search engines and basically giving your little blog a nice big fan base and hopefully some rankings.

Bit of a bad analogy but it does fit, and I do admit - I've been submitting my to various places. And I've looked around a few people's blogs - Not posted much on the forums. Mainly because I don't want to act like a newbie going "Come read my blog - pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaase!" - No offence to anyone of course but that's not my style.

I do still want people to read of course and tell me what they think. But because they want to instead of me begging. But then it all comes back to advertising really.

I'm thinking of building a links section for other blogs that I've read and enjoyed, but I'm not sure when I'll get that set up. Been feeling less great than I usually do so the last couple of days I've been shying away from stuff - which I'm now kicking myself for of course, I've decided to try and do one of those daily goal list things, so I get my side projects finished sometime before the next millennium, whilst making sure I'm not neglecting my little blog baby...Yeah, I'm gonna stop calling it that for a start...

3 comments:

Ron Southern said...

It doesn't really all come down to advertising, it comes down to connecting, communicating, and linking!

Wish I could remember being 17. I do, a little. Woof, what a sex drive I had! I could hammer nails with it. Good memories, as far as they go.

Keep on truckin'.

Ron Southern said...

Sorry that I came on crude. I mistook you for a male 17 year old at first! Greatly mistaken! Beat me with a dead rat then!

Steph Lealman said...

hey ron,

yeah it is to do with linking and connecting too, some do it better than others - Guess I'll find out how well connected I get, in another few months.

and s'okay - you're forgiven, besides to beat you with the dead rat would mean touching one and that's a bit too icky for my liking