Monday 19 February 2007

Ah, don't you just love irony?

As I said in the lovely titled 'Blog Babies' post, I mentioned that I had submitted my site to various site engines and such, to try and 'build traffic' and I have got a few readers *waves little flag* though I highly doubt any advertising had anything to do - Like Ron says it's all down to connecting and communicating and other words excecutives in expensive suits use in meetings.

Anyway, so It's been nearly a week since I did that, and I was bored, so I searched my name on Google to see what came up, and I took a print screen of the first few results, - As you can see...And my blog doesn't come up - Not even further down but that doesn't matter. I just thought it was pretty ironic that the first and forth posts on the page were both links to a post I wrote on the help group about the things you can do to help advertise your blog.

And here's the link to said post for reference I suppose.

4 comments:

Leon said...

Hi Steph, I followed some links from the Blogger help forums and saw this post. Here's a BlogSearch link showing your blog. You are visible. :) Here is your Technorati listing. It's empty but when you claim it and post and pingthem it should start showing up.

You've only just started creating content that is searchable.(ie 9 posts) With your blog being mostly text and due to the length of posts you are on the way to getting more noticeable.

Leon said...

Silly technology. Your posts are showing up but Technorati is acting up. ;)

Steph Lealman said...

I've only searched google coz I'm too lazy to check all the other places to be honest, (nothing to be ashamed of of course) and as to technology, it's always silly, and breaks a lot...Or maybe it's just me that breaks technology - The list of stuff I've broken in the last couple of years is really embarrising.

Anyway, cheers for visiting and I'll have a lot at you're *goes to profile* many, many blogs, in the morning

david mcmahon said...

Hi Steph,

I agree with Leon - claim your blog on Technorati. Let me know if you have any dramas.

Did you notice that my blog shows up on that screen grab? Small world - and reminiscent of my post (about 10 hours ago) about coincidences!

Your links and the size of your blog mean you will start getting picked up by search engines.

Keep smiling

David
http://david-mcmahon.blogspot.com/