Saturday 10 March 2007

Stories I missed reporting on part 1...

Photo from www.celebrity-gossip.net (edit by me)
On Friday 23rd of February in Amsterdam at Hugh Grant's Dutch premire of Music & Lyrics - Where a woman jumped out from the crowd and handcuffed herself to him, where she stayed for ten minutes till she was cut free by firemen and hauled off to the local police station.

The woman - Cielke Sijben, a Dutch journalist wasn't a mad stalker fan or anything. She did it as part of a stunt organised by her and her crew from Dutch network 101 tv. They wanted to see if Cielke could walk down the red carpet with Hugh, so decided handcuffs were the way to go, because if she just dashed over and took his arm, body guards would easly haul her away.

Cielke didn't actually think they could do it (otherwise she would have dressed up for the occasion) but thought she'd try anyway, so was suprised how easy it was to reach Hugh and slap on the cuffs.

She introduced herself and explained, etc... So as to not worry Hugh too much, and when she was cut free she was taken off to the police station, but wasn't actually charged.

I got most of the story from Cielke herself from when she appeared on BBC radio station 5 Live to talk about it, though additional information came from starpulse.

I don't think doing what she did makes her a maniac as such (who wouldn't want to walk down the red carpet with a celebrity?) and if she had asked they probably would have said no - even for a publicity stunt, afterall celebrities and journalists in general don't have that great a relationship.

No, in my opinion the only thing that posibly be a bit mad is that she chose Hugh Grant - No offence to him of course, it's just I can think of a few celebrities I'd much rather handuff myself to on the red carpet, (not that that is really my style of course though) and no, I'm not going to give examples...

2 comments:

Bart said...

She had to pick somebody, and who else was going to show up for that premiere? Besides, I guess the other thinking here is that he doesn't have too many legs to stand on for complaining about slightly deviant behaviors.

Hi there, saw you comment on David McMahons blog and figured I'd check your pad out. Nice. I might just link to you. Come by my shop sometime.

-bart
www.bartraeke.com

Steph Lealman said...

Hey Bart,

And yeah, if you're gonna do a stunt like that better to go for a high class celeb if you can get it - Otherwise the 'publicity' part of the 'publicity stunt' wouldn't really work that well.

Awww thanks, I go on his blog quite a lot, and all the blogs I put in my list really, wil go check yours out now.

Steph